Master of Library and Information Science
|Kent State University||Kent, Ohio||May 2011|
- Access to Information
- Organization of Information
- Cataloging Non-Print Workshops
- Information Technology for Library Professionals
- Online Information Systems
- Database Design Applications Workshops
- Foundations of Library Information Science
- Management of Libraries and Information Centers
- Cataloging and Classification I
- The Academic Library
- Introduction to Digital Preservation
- Technology for Digital Preservation/Web Archiving
- Indexing and Abstracting
- Government Information Sources and Services
Web programming certificate
|Sinclair Community College||Dayton, Ohio||June 2009|
- Introduction to XHTML
- Introduction to Web Development
- Introduction to Problem Solving in Programming
- Database Management Systems
- Extensible Markup Language
- Object Oriented Concepts
- Intermediate Web Development
- Java Programming I
- Macromedia Flash
- Web Server Administration & Security
- Web Application Development with Java
- Advanced Flash
Bachelor of Arts Communications/Journalism
|University of Dayton||Dayton, Ohio||May 2001|
- Media Writing
- Publication Design
- Public Affairs Reporting
- Feature Writing
- Law & News Media
|Wal-Mart||Huber Heights, Ohio||February 2011-Present|
- Answer customers’ questions and help them find products.
- Work with and help people from diverse backgrounds.
Digital Services Intern
|Ohio Historical Society||Columbus, OH||September 2011-November 2011 (Internship lasted 200 hours)|
- Applied Dublin Core metadata to records for digital images in the CONTENTdm-based digital library.
- Performed quality control on newspapers that were digitized from microfilm.
- Prepared newspaper microfilm for digitization.
Practicum Staff Member
|Wright State University Libraries||Dayton, OH||December 2010-April 2011|
- Cataloged books and CDs in OCLC Connexion, using MARC and AACR2.
- Cataloged theses and dissertations in Millennium ILS.
- Applied LCSH to the theses and dissertations and the books and CDs, using LC Classification Web.
- Helped students to use electronic resources for their assignments.
- Worked at the reference desk.
- Selected new resources for the Russian literature and language collection.
- Weeded the science collection.
- Wrote articles for the library newsletter.
- Researched software for ebooks.
- Created a Website describing my work.
|Ohio Historical Society||Columbus, OH||May 2010-July 2010 (Internship lasted 200 hours)|
- Linked finding aids in the CONTENTdm-based digital library to corresponding records in the catalog.
- Cataloged audio/visual material in SirsiDynix ILS: LPs, CDs, cassettes, and VHS tapes, using MARC and AACR2.
- Created a finding aid for a photo collection.
|PDi Communications (contracted by PCS Technical Services, Inc.)||Springboro, OH||May 2009-May 2010|
- Created user manuals and other instructions for televisions, DVD players, and computer modules.
- Updated manuals for televisions and television mounting arms.
|Amarillo Globe-News||Amarillo, TX||July 2008-November 2008|
- Designed and edited sports pages for daily editions of the newspaper.
- Designed and edited news pages for daily editions of the newspaper.
- Selected photos for sports pages of the newspaper.
Web Developer and Customer Service Representative
|Evanhoe & Associates, Inc.||Dayton, OH||October 2006-March 2008|
- Maintained two Websites: http://www.gozob.com and http://www.evanhoe.com.
- Created http://www.gozob.com.
- Assisted customers with finding printers and supplies that met their needs.
- Researched information about printers and printing supplies to post on the Websites.
Library Information Systems
Content Management Systems
|XML||Java||SQL||Visual Basic for Applications|
|iMovie||Camtasia||Microsoft Movie Maker|